Today I am so pleased to welcome Davidson King to Joyfully Jay. Davidson has come to talk to us about her latest release, Joker’s Sin. She has also brought along a signed copy to give away. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Three Years of Publishing
With the release of Heart Beats it is also the anniversary of my third year as a published author… And I missed celebrating it LOL.
When I released Snow Falling on November 28, 2017—my birthday—I didn’t realize it was going to become a tradition for me. Since then, I have released a book every year on my birthday. Now, I have to do that forever 😀
In my three years I have learned so much. I learned about industry of course. I also learned about myself. I found out what my weaknesses were in my writing and slowly but surely, I am getting better. Each book I take away something else and add it to this invisible sculpture in my head.
In my three years of publishing I have been able to attend two GRLs (Gay Romance Literature Convention) Of course cancelled this year due to Covid, but I’m hopeful that 2021 will be better and I will go again. At GRL I was able to put faces to names, hear the voices of so many I’ve read, laugh until it hurt, and learn. Always learning.
I have created characters I have come to love greatly. I have forged friendships that will last a lifetime. I have found a home in a community of people who dance to the same tune as I do. I hope to dance, learn, and grow for many more years to come.
Their love story isn’t easy.
Every night Ledger stands on the stage of Joker’s Sin, the most popular gay nightclub in Haven Hart, mixing music. Many of the people who come through the doors want his attention, but lately he’s only had eyes for the red-headed bartender, Shane. When Ledger is invited to be on a panel at DJ Con, he asks for support from his friends at Joker’s Sin. To his surprise, Shane shows up.
For Shane, Ledger is everything he’s ever been attracted to in a person. They’ve danced around each other for a while, but finally getting to know the intense DJ one-on-one, he realizes there’s even more to Ledger than he ever knew.
Then craziness ensues. Someone sets their sights on Ledger, determined to make him theirs, and he and Shane find themselves fighting for their lives instead of living it. Whoever is behind this will stop at nothing to get Ledger in their arms.
With people getting hurt and dying around Ledger, can he keep the one man he’s just finally admitted he wants from a murderous fate, or will someone’s crazed obsession end it all?
Heart Beats Universal code: https://books2read.com/u/bOXyBA
Davidson King, always had a hope that someday her daydreams would become real-life stories. As a child, you would often find her in her own world, thinking up the most insane situations. It may have taken her awhile, but she made her dream come true with her first published work, Snow Falling.
She managed to wrangle herself a husband who matched her crazy and they hatched three wonderful children.
If you were to ask her what gave her the courage to finally publish, she’d tell you it was her amazing family and friends. Support is vital in all things and when you’re afraid of your dreams, it will be your cheering section that will lift you up.
Davidson has brought a signed paperback of Heart Beats to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Tuesday, December 22nd at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.